Powered By Blogger

01 December 2010

Dropbox - sync your files online and across your computers automatically



Share and Sync your files online across computers.


Why would you might want to use dropbox.

Teachers nowadays use their pc or laptop to do their work mostly that involves worksheets, spreadsheets, powerpoint presentation and the list goes on.

As for me, when I am mobile I would surely rely on my laptop for my work/assignments. When I am in the office I would instead do my work/assignments on the computer as I find it more comfortable (bigger screen and a full size keyboard). Now, normally I rarely do my work/assignments at home but sometimes I am required to. If that happens I would turn to my personal computer (a 24inch screen and much much better keyboard not to mention performance boost).

If you noticed, I have mentioned three different distinct places where I do my work/assignments.
  • Mobile (anywhere work takes me),
  • Office and
  • Home.
Dropbox allows me to work on my files on any computer with internet access where dropbox is installed. This means I am no longer tied to a particular computer when doing my work. Not only that, I can share my files with my friends and vice-versa. Those who are involved in group work can greatly benefit from Dropbox as it allows you to work on the same file(s) at the same time even though you and your colleagues are kilometers apart.

Read on to find out what else you can do with Dropbox.

Sync

Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically.
  • 2GB of online storage for free, (more storage if you introduce dropbox to friends)
  • Sync files of any size or type (that your computer/laptop can handle)
  • Sync Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
  • Automatically syncs when new files or
    changes are detected. (You are no longer tied to just a pc or laptop. Freedom at last!)

File Sharing

Sharing files is simple. It takes only a few clicks.
  • Shared folders allow several people to collaborate on the same files. (only when permission given so it is secure)
  • See other people's changes instantly.
  • Use your "Public" folder to link directly to files.
  • Control who has access to your shared folders. Kick people out and remove the shared files from their computers in the process.
  • Automatically create shareable online photo galleries out of regular folders.
Why don't you give Dropbox a try. It's free and you have nothing to lose.

Still not convinced? Video over here.



Click here to get your FREE Dropbox account.

or

provide me with your email address in the comment section and I will send you a Dropbox invite to your email.

No comments:

Post a Comment